Windows Could Not Search For Updates – Error Code 8024800A

Windows Updates are a good thing, but sometimes they just randomly quit working, such was the case with one of the computers I looked at today. When searching for Windows Updates I got this message: “An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer. Error found: Code 8024800A.”

Error Code 8024800A

Here are the steps I used to resolve this issue.

Step One: Stop Windows Update Services by typing net stop wuauserv in command prompt .

Step Two: Browse to c:\windows\softwaredistribution and delete the folder and all of the sub directories.

Step Three: Start Windows Update Services by typing net start wuauserv in command prompt.

Step Four: Search for Windows Updates again and Windows now should be able to find them.

Updates Available

Thank you for reading this post. If this helped you please leave a comment.

Special thanks from the following websites : Windows Command Line  and BroadBandDSLReports.com for the troubleshooting tips. This was posted by techspeeder.

 

 

Leave a Reply