Tag Archives: Microsoft Outlook

Gmail POP Error in Outlook ” Receiving Reported Error (0x800CCC90)”

Update 6/30/2017: If the below solution doesn’t work. Check out this updated post on my blog.

A customer was receiving this error message in Outlook 2007 the other day.

” Task “[email protected]” – Receiving reported error (0x800CCC90) : ‘Your incoming (POP3) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: * OK Gimap ready for requests from (IP Address).

Gmail POP Error

The customer was using a Gmail address in Outlook. The account was set up as POP3. I wasn’t sure what the fix for this big error code was going to be. It is actually quite simple.

Solution: 

Step One:  Open Outlook and go File > Account Settings

Step Two: Click the email account you are having trouble with and select Change.

Step Three: Go to the More Settings button. Continue reading

Copy Outlook 2007 AutoComplete File to Another Computer or Outlook Profile

After creating a new Outlook profile in 2007 or 2010 you will notice your autocomplete file will be missing. If you are like me, that autocomplete file is so handy for those email addresses you forgot to save in your address book. Here are the steps to recover your autocomplete file (.NK2 file) !

Step One: Make sure Outlook is closed. Find what the name of the new profile is. Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > Mail > Show Profiles. You will see a list of the Outlook profiles. Make note of the profile you are using.

Step Two: Outlook stores your autocomplete email address in a cache called a .NK2 file. Locations different slightly on where the .NK2 file is stored but you will find the file under one of these paths. Go to Drive C: on your computer and browse to C:\Users\ <username>\appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook or C:\Users\ <username>\appdata\Local\Microsoft\Outlook.

.NK2 File

Step Three: You should see two .NK2 files. One for your old Outlook profile and one for your new Outlook 2007 or 2010 profile.

Step Four: Cut your new Outlook profile’s autocomplete file and paste it on your desktop. Make note of the name of the autocomplete file.

Step Five: Go back to your old Outlook profile’s autocomplete file and right-click on it. Select rename and rename the old autocomplete file to the name of the new autocomplete file.

Step Six: Open Outlook and create a new email. You should see all your autocomplete addresses populating!

This was posted by techspeeder.

 

 

 

Import AutoComplete file into new Outlook 2010 Profile

Recently after a new server install, I ran into this issue.  When installing a new server I took the computers off the old domain and joined them to the new one. During this process I made a new Windows profile. Once joined to the new domain, I logged into the new Windows 7 profile and started setting up Microsoft Outlook 2010 .  I got the email account set up just fine however, the autocomplete was missing. Here is how I rescued my autocomplete file. These users were running Windows 7 and Microsoft Outlook 2010.

Please follow the steps carefully, I tried to explain this tedious task the best I could 🙂 .

Step One: Browse to your old Windows’ profile autocomplete guid: C:\Users\<oldusername>\appdata\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache

autocomplete cache

In Outlook 2010 and newer your autocomplete file is stored as a Dat File. The file will begin with Stream_Autocomplete_ and then the guid number/letter combo . 

Step Two: Browse to your new Windows’ profile autocomplete guid: C:\Users\<newusername>\appdata\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\RoamCache Continue reading